sunnuntai 8. tammikuuta 2012

Sà-wàt dii khâ and Khàwp- khun khâ ;)

This is my apartment building from the outside

And this from the inside

Balcony

Ps. Sà-wàt dii khâ means Hi, Hello and Khàwp- khun khâ means Thank you

It's been a wonderful day in my new hometown! I met the two other new interns, Iris and Tarja, at Raya and they told me they were going shopping to Tesco Lotus, a shopping mall, in Krabi town so I joined them. We took a local bus, which is very small  and has room for about 8 passengers. The back where you sit is open on the sides, so the wind blows when the driver drives fast. It feels good on a hot day. The ride cost a 100 Thb and lasted about 30 minutes.





A cow riding along haha :D

After the shopping trip we dined and then I went to ran some errands and the girls went to pick up their laundry. A bit later we went swimming in the hotel, right next to Raya office, swimming pool. I'm gonna have to do a swimming test for Raya to be able to take part of their sea trips, so I was good to get some practice. It was getting dark. The sun usually goes down at 6-7 o'clock., but it's not that dark yet. We headed to the beach boulevard, which is long and full of shops, restaurants and massage places. There's a lot of Finnish and Swedish tourists here, not one day goes by without hearing one of those languages. Suddenly we saw something very interesting- A mini spa with aquariums filled with doctor fish! Doctor fish is the name given to two species of fish: Garra rufa and Cyprinion macrostomus. In other words nibble fish.  What these fishes do is that they nibble away the dead skin. It tickles like crazy!:D We couldn't stop laughing. It lasted for 15 minutes, and I can tell you, it was enough!





The last highlight of the day was going to a spa:) I've never been to a professional masseuse before and I'm glad I saved myself for this experience. I got a full body coconut butter massage and a manicure and a pedicure. It was heaven! The masseuse, who by the way was a ladyboy, massaged me from head to toe. She and the one who gave my co-worker Tarja a full body scrub, were so kind and professional.  All this cost only a 1000 Thb. The prices vary from place to place so don't choose the first best, I'm sure there's even something better and cheaper. Tomorrow is my first day of work. I'm excited and curious. I'll be getting a good night sleep after this day:)




1 kommentti: