lauantai 7. tammikuuta 2012

First impression


 Today I ate some breakfast at the hotel and then I packed my stuff and headed to the office across the street. There I found out I wasn't the only intern at the moment, in fact there is plenty more. Some have been there for a while and some came just before me. I'll let you know when I know more. The person who was going to help me find an apartment wasn't there, so I had 3 hours of free time before I needed to return to the office. And where would someone who has just arrived in Ao Nang go? To the Ao Nang Beach of course! The beach is beautiful and the landscape amazing, I can't wait to see more!;) It's very tropical and jungly here, and I like it:) I spent my 3 hours there, walking in the hot sand, talking to a guy from New Zealand and a Finnish couple from Tammisaari, and of course swimming in the warm water. The Raya staff told me to buy some Electrolyte beverage powder to be mixed up with water, so that I'll have enough salt in my body. They also told me to buy a prepaid, which I did, I'm not sure I'm using it the right way though. But I'm sure it's gonna work out sooner or later. 
Then the funniest thing happened. I went to eat some late lunch at a restaurant 50 meters from Raya, sat down and ordered, wrote something in my diary and then I saw him- My old classmate from some years back, with his girlfriend and friend, who all went to my high school! I joined them at their table and we had a nice lunch together:) I mean, there's a lot of Finnish tourists here, but I just didn't imagine seeing anyone I knew, what a nice surprise. 
Finding an apartment didn't turn out to be as easy as we had thought. Apparently it's high season and the prices are a bit higher then normally, but at last we found one. I rented it for one month(in case I feel like trying something else) and it costed 9000 Thb. It's in a cute green apartment building, on the third floor with a fridge, air condition, a shower with both warm and cold water, wi-fi, a tv and a balcony. It's right across from 7eleven, there's a restaurant downstairs and one of my colleagues lives one floor up. The landlady is a friendly older woman, who helps me whenever I need it. 
Oh and about payment in general; cash is mostly used here, not many places take for example Visa electron or Mastercard. I'm still a bit confused with how much Thb is in Eur, so I wrote it down for myself and thought it might help you understand things better too :) : 
 100 thb = 2,64 eur                                                             
1000 thb = 26,43 eur
10 000 thb = 264,27 eur
100 000 thb = 2642,70 eur


Ps. What is one of the most common mistakes you can make the first time you're at the beach?...I think you know the answer- Not put enough sunscreen, or "coughing" not At All on your back ;D








2 kommenttia:

  1. vitsi så billi hyra fö 1 månad :o o just rolit att du så någå tuttun :). o-ouu,kannattaa sätta mycke solkräm! de e super statk sol där :S :) Hälsningar härifrån från de kalla - 4 grader + SNÖÖÖIGA Finland! -.- :D <3

    VastaaPoista
  2. ai nej,ja hade titta dendä hyran fel :D

    VastaaPoista