keskiviikko 25. tammikuuta 2012

In a land far far away

It's been a while since I last updated my blog, but what's important is that I'm here I am now so the story goes on....:)


I've been super busy with my new life here in Ao Nang; work 6 days a week and living in a new place and hanging out with new people. Some days are awesome, some less, and it's okay.  It takes time to feel comfortable in a new environment. In the beginning you just don't know your place and you don't know the people you work with and that's why you can't really be yourself with them. And some groups of people it's just harder to fit into. I guess only time will tell how I'll fit in here. This internship is still a wonderful way to get to know a new culture and meet people from all around the world. I do feel truly lucky to be here!

I've noticed four different Types of Thai people so far, I'm sure there will be more later. One type is the friendly and I'll help you in any possible way I can, I'll even go and buy the tofu you ordered and that we don't have now from the store. The second type is the friendly and smiling nou spiik inklisch so I'll just speak Thai even though they don't understand a word I'm saying. The third type is the angry and hostile, like the at a reggae bar last night, getting Really angry because I wanted to order a mohito even though it wasn't happy hour anymore. I didn't know it was only a happy hour drink;) The fourth type is the indifferent that don't say hi nor goodbye( 7eleve girls) I first thought they might be tired of us Westerners, but they're like that to everyone, so I guess they're just bored.

I bought my own mask and snorkel yesterday so I'm really excited! For the last few weeks I've been using Rayas' stuff, but it's kind of disgusting because they're so used. I'll be using them tomorrow at a Phi Phi trip. I still need a pair of snorkeling fins, but I'm gonna look around a bit before purchasing any. I've also bought a long sleeve rash guard, because it gets cold in the water while snorkeling. I feel like I've been using so much money during the short time I've been here. I mean a lot of things are cheap, like eating out, it's just when you do it every single day. We eat out every day, because it's so cheap and because the apartments here don't have a kitchen. Most Thai people eat out as well. I've also been shopping quite a lot, some of the stuff are must haves and others just me likey.



I've had a very interesting two and a half weeks at work. It's certainly been a dive into a undiscovered sea for me. I've been three times at the Bamboo / Ao Nang local island excursion, once at Koh Haa, 4 times at different Phi Phi excursions(some on the day boat and some on the speedboat), once at Koh Hong, 3 times at infos' and 3 times at the office. On the Bamboo excursion we go by speedboat to Bamboo island where we stay for about 2-3 hours. You can snorkel, sunbath and get something to drink at the bar . We enjoy lunch there and then continue to snorkel for about an hour outside Mosquito island. The next stop is Chicken island, where we stay for 30-45 minutes. The last stop is Poda island, where we stay for about 45 minutes. 

The sea days always start at the 2nd office, in other words the storage, at 7 am. Except for Koh Haa, which is on Mondays. Then you gotta be at the storage at 6.30 am. The sea days last until 6-8 pm. So these days can be 13 hours long! The office days are either from 9-19 with a 3 hour free period, or from 11/12- 19. The infos are either at 11/12 am or 5/6 pm. 



2 kommenttia:

  1. Nice to hear from you again! Sounds awesome! :)<3 hälsningar från människorna som skulle villa vara i samma värme! :S :) <3

    VastaaPoista
  2. joo vi måst tala i skype nånda mera, ja skriver ändå ba en del hit;) kram <3

    VastaaPoista